Hot Rod Forum banner

SHO powered Topaz.

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  crazy larry 
#1 ·
Nitrous too!:D

Heres the guys page, have a look. Looks factory.

Topaz SHO.

See less See more
#4 ·
THat actually is a pretty cool idea. Yeah my buddy had a 3.0l five speed tempo (ford version of the merc topaz) and that car surprised the crap out of me with how fast it was!

Think that guy could have done a rebuild on that motor, the clip of it on the dyno showed it chucking quite a bit of oil-

K

#12 ·
dh79 said:
That cavalier is running 13.5 right? Where did you see the
SHOpaz was running 14.5? I couldn't find that. It's gotta be faster than that, with the nitrous and all...
http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/media.html off the SHO page.

Off the Cavalier "We have also put down 236Hp and 320.1 Lbs/Ft Torque to the wheels off the Nitrous and on The Bottle we have harnessed 320.1 HP and 469.5 Lbs/Ft Torque to the Wheels."

The Topaz was only making 238.8HP and 247.7lb-ft torque with nitrous at the wheels with Juice.

#13 ·
Oh yeah, that clears that up.

Ok, then the cav will go without nitrous and the topaz will go with nitrous. That'll make it a decent race. I'd cheer for the cav anyway; nice motor and nice paint. Who'd a thought a cavalier could be nice?

#14 ·
His SHO motor needs a little TLC from the looks of the dyno video on the site...it sounds sick. Didn't gain much from the N2O either.

#15 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! I'm the owner of this car. I noticed a bunch of hits on my website originating from here so I thought I'd stop by and check it out. Very nice site you guys have here!

Anyways, just to explain a couple things, my website hasn't been updated in a long time because I've just been real busy.

The car runs 14.6@98 on street tires without the nitrous. I bought some Nitto drag radials to go with the nitrous and managed 14.4@103 at a crappy track(still no traction). So I went to another track which had excellent bite and broke a CV on my first run. :( The car hooked and took off like I had never felt before and I'm sure it was a 13 second run but I havn't been back to the track yet. HD axles made out of 300M steel have been installed since then.

I think the smoke on the dyno run is fuel not oil. I eased out of the throttle instead of just releasing it. The engine has less than 20,000 miles on it so it's barely broken in and never burns any oil.
198whp out of a 220 crank HP motor is proof of it's health.

I'm running a Zex 75hp shot. I forgot to turn the bottle heater on before the dyno run so pressure was way down. I should have gained about 60whp but I only got 40 because it was running pig rich.

Here are some more recent pics showing the 13" baer brakes and 17" Centerline RPM wheels I installed. http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/brakes/

Next on the agenda is the installation of another complete SHO drivetrain in the rear of the car powering the rear wheels. I've already purchased another parts car and done the basic legwork. It looks to be fairly straight forward except for the shifter and clutch linkages. This should solve all my traction and launch problems...lol! :D The numbers say it should run 11.3's so bring on that Crapalier! :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.