Hot Rod Forum banner

Shock ride height

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  delawarebill 
#1 ·
I am working on the front end of the T and I have a set of P&J 1084 front shocks I am setting the front end up with. I know what the extended length = 14 1/2" and the compressed Length of 9 1/4". I am looking at where to set the upper shock mount at.

It seemed to me there was a formula like bounce 30% and rebound 60% or something along that line for where to set your ride height!

This is a 4" drop axle and lower shock mounts. What would you use for a ride height? That is using these shocks.

Funny thing is that value seems to be missing from front shock specs, I looked all over for P&J specs but only found extended length and compressed length.

:confused::confused::confused:

#5 ·
Well I found a measurement that works perfect and that is 12.00" it seems to be within 0.200" of the calculated center anyway. Funny after calculating like a maniac how nature takes over and sets itself..

I have some really boring upper shock brackets and I have been staring at them most of the day. I am trying to make some almost square brackets look better, and so far I feel un-inspired as to what to do with them.

Maybe tomorrow I will have a better idea...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.