Shocks - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2005, 08:50 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Shocks

I have a 40 Ford coupe, with a Mustang II front end and ford 9 in rear end with chassis engineering leaf springs set up . I would like to know if any of you have used QA1shocks non coil over shocks on the front or rear of your rides . They come with many different settings you can use , do they really help . I need to change my shocks now and appreciate any feed back . THANKS

fat40
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2005, 02:36 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

As the moderator and a former 40 owner, I have been watching this thread with interest......I have no information for you.....but I will put it back to the TOP for you...
Old 01-02-2006, 07:36 PM

Last photo:

QA1 Shocked!!!!!

I'm sorry to say that after 1200 miles or so my QA1 coilover for the front of our 69 camaro started leaking fluid. Called them and asked for service on it. They said "not under warranty". I had it in a box for over a year then put it in when the frontend was done. Drove it a little and it went south. I felt a shock should last maybe just a little longer than that. Well.....they had it in writing. So there it is!
For a couple of bucks they could have kept me for a customer. Now, I just tell folks to be careful about companys that don't stand behind the stuff they sell!!!
You've been warned!
Old 01-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

You ought to go to the Company Reviews section on this site and post an entry there. It will get seen a lot more. I have made several there myself.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

I can't speak to the quality of any individual shock for sure (except koni) but then I do know that one will benefit from having a good set of adjustable shocks so one can tune the ride for the best balance of ride and handling..

when you go to buy your shocks be prepared to know the front and rear weight of the axles and your spring rates as well, you will be asked if the person you are speaking with has a clue..

Generally I like to buy my shocks from the guys who are circle track/road racers as they have a much better idea on the tuning of suspensions..

Just my 2 cents..

OMT
Old 01-03-2006, 07:55 AM

Last photo:

Shocks

Thanks for the feed back guys ,1 FINE 69--- sorry to here about the service you recived on your Qa1 coil-overs , I cant understand how a manufacture expects to sell there products with that kind of warranty service ? You have cost them more and done more harm to them by being a unhappy customer , than it would of been to fix your shocks . --One More Time , thanks for the Tech - information it's appreciated .

FAT40
Old 01-03-2006, 09:27 AM

Last photo:

I hear you!

Thanks Henry, for all those who will be warned about my experience.

Last edited by 1Fine69; 01-03-2006 at 05:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-03-2006, 10:26 AM

i hate when this happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Fine69
I'm sorry to say that after 1200 miles or so my QA1 coilover for the front of our 69 camaro started leaking fluid. Called them and asked for service on it. They said "not under warranty". I had it in a box for over a year then put it in when the frontend was done. Drove it a little and it went south. I felt a shock should last maybe just a little longer than that. Well.....they had it in writing. So there it is!
For a couple of bucks they could have kept me for a customer. Now, I just tell folks to be careful about companys that don't stand behind the stuff they sell!!!
You've been warned!

Can I have an AMAN to that crap it happens all to often we buy parts to use later mostly while upgrading.
H.O.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:20 AM

Last photo:

I have a 1940 ford coupe with the mustang II front and unknown leafs in the rear. Up front I have stock part store replacements and in the rear I am running pro shocks. I want to redo some of the front end parts and considering different shocks up front.

What are you guys running in 1935-40 fords? Do you like them?

I can't say I don't like the shocks up front but I have not tried anything different. The performance brands interest me but I don't want to throw money away.

I don't want to hijack this thread just thinking it could be interesting to see what other poeple in the same situation are using.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:32 PM

Last photo:

Shocks

Evltwin

I also have a 40 Ford coupe, I just replaced my front and rear shocks with QA1 non-coil overs , I have a post on this site asking about the same question as you are asking . I have been able to talk to a fellow 40 Ford coupe owner who has the shocks I described on his coupe and he swears by them . The QA1 shocks have many setting you can try , the fellow I talked to said he set his front shocks , 5 clicks and the rear 3 clicks. I hope this will help you ?

FAT40
Old 01-09-2006, 01:35 PM

Last photo:

Thanks

Those were the shocks I was interested in. It sounds like some poeple have had problems with them (from earlier posts).

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.