Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - shop air piping layout
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 08:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59 wagon man
another thing you could try is baseboard fin tubing . it is 3/4" copper tubing with aluminum fins designed for use in baseboard hot water heating systems. it is available in length's up to 8' i believe.
chris if it has worked for you for 15 yrs i guess my hat is off to you
Well like I said, it is an old unit made out of good iron I'm sure. If I remember right is has 9 sections with three big threaded tie rod bolts going through it to hold all of the sections together. They are stacked side by side. I think they were made this way so they could be made longer or shorter. Anyway they are hard to find down here in Florida, and it probably came out of a big office building or school. I got it years ago from a place called Burhalter Wrecking. Didn't give much for it and at first I had planned to make a still out of it. The guys on here from up north, probably see these old radiators all the time.

Im still contemplating buying a small window unit and separating the evaporator from it and installing the the evaporator in a twenty or thirty gallon air tank. I really think that this would be the ticket for getting rid of the water. A good name small window unit $150.00, an air tank $30.00. A person could sell a unit like this for an easy thousand dollars installed to just about all of the shops in this area. Humidity is real bad down here and all of the shops I know of fight the water in their lines every day.