Hot Rod Forum banner

shopline for painting a patch panel

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Mach1460 
#1 ·
As some of you may have read my last few posts, I've started the painting process on my 92 miata practice car. I weekend in a patch panel and now I need to blend with the factory paint that I didn't remove. Seems like a lot of people say not use shopline for panels that you have to blend. Wondering, what you all think of this and maybe I should step up to a better paint? Its just a daily driver/commuter car but I like to do things right...

#2 ·
Mainly it is in how good a color match you can get. guys in the collision shops swear by what ever they have on their mixing banks that give them a good result. the shop I work with has PPG tints and toners on the mix bank and gets good results on match. If you order by color code from an online supplier it may be just right or a shade off..Ok for an all over but not so good for a blend for a fussy customer. Either way you just have to take your chances when you are working at home..

Sam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.