Hot Rod Forum banner

Short and long shaft TH350's.... and extra long too?

17K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  383ram 
#1 ·
Trying to figure out what applications to look for so i can get a TH350. I see on TCI's website as well as others they list a short (6"), a 9" and a 12" tail shafts. I am a Mopar guy and have had my head stuck in the sand for a long time, but i was always under the impression there was jus a long and short shaft TH350--but all the charts list 3 lengths.

I am trying to find one that has the 9" tailshaft for a 30 11/16" overall length to fit my application. What were these generally put in?

#2 ·
383ram said:
Trying to figure out what applications to look for so i can get a TH350. I see on TCI's website as well as others they list a short (6"), a 9" and a 12" tail shafts. I am a Mopar guy and have had my head stuck in the sand for a long time, but i was always under the impression there was jus a long and short shaft TH350--but all the charts list 3 lengths.

I am trying to find one that has the 9" tailshaft for a 30 11/16" overall length to fit my application. What were these generally put in?

chevy trucks 77 for sure

#9 ·
lg1969 said:
I was told from a transmisson repair shop that there two version of the th350. One version is to handle V8's and another version for 6 cylinders motor. They used less clutch packs.
Number of clutch packs never change in any 350. Both drums have clutch packs and there are two more clutch packs in the case itself.

Now if he is referring to the 350 versus the 250, yes, there is one less clutch pack in the 250.

#10 ·
mmerlinn said:
Number of clutch packs never change in any 350. Both drums have clutch packs and there are two more clutch packs in the case itself.

Now if he is referring to the 350 versus the 250, yes, there is one less clutch pack in the 250.

The member was probably referring the friction plate count in the clutch packs... which were different in lower horse power applications.

:D

#12 ·
Thanks for your help guys, i will start the search. I have a 700r4 that needs to be built, but thought if i could find a good working 350 id put that in for now. And being that i have to build a trans crossmember anyhow, i can set it up for both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.