Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Shortage of Acetylene!
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 05:50 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&MCylinderGases
is as hot if not hotter than acetylene.

I have not found the burn temperature of this gas (yet) but I seriously doubt it is as hot as Acetylene, that would be industry headline news! Also the site mentions welding, but says little else and a gas that could be used to actually weld steel with would again be headline news to the industry! I certainly could be wrong but I am willing to bet, especially considering the source for this gas (hydrocarbon fuels) that the flame chemistry will have waaaay too much Hydrogen in it to weld with, brazing sure but welding? Sorry I still see nothing here but a sales pitch and a site that is making some extravagant claims that should be an industry shaker but the first place we hear about it is on the internet?

This is not the first "miracle" gas to come along and the claims for it are about the same old tune as the others. Seriously a gas that is as hot as Acetylene and could be used to weld with would be a major breakthrough and an industry changer but outside of a relatively obscure website where is the big news? Get some facts to back up these miraculous claims and then come back and tell us about it.