Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Shortage of Acetylene!
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 04:06 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
You made the statement, now suddenly another gas claims to be all these things. I don't really think that is a fair statement,Bob

I see your point and I have to agree with you.

As far as finding a new gas that can weld steel I have been open all along just highly skeptical and why not? I have heard all this before and not only is there no solid evidence to back this claim it just does not make sense from a physical standpoint, as I said before I may be wrong but until I either see it in a welding journal or other established source I can't help but be skeptical. This could be industry changing news and would be the subject of much discussion but I have to admit since I retired I don't stay on top of things like I once did, can't remember the last time I looked at one of my mags they still send to me. I am sure it would still be a well known discovery that would not have to rely on internet websites to become known but be it welding gas or some other energy source these products pop up all the time with wild claims. The more I look at this one the more I am convinced it is indeed a legit outfit and maybe has a promising future but tossing mis-leading info out there (if indeed they are) will make them look bad.

If you go to the web site and read the "Products" section it sounds good until really looking at it, for instance the description on cutting says something like,

"cleaner and faster cutting with little or no slag"

Cleaner and faster cutting than WHAT? And it seems that every gas product out there has that line about little or no slag so while it may sound good is it really better?

I may have been a bit overboard but those claims of "hotter than Acetylene" and "used for welding" both of which should be major news should be, IMO anyway, scrutinized before someone decides to spend money on this stuff. It may be all that it's cracked up to be but let's find out and calling them on their claims is simply a way to do that.