Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Shortage of Acetylene!
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 05:09 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

See guys if you look into it a little more it's not "the Devil" so much is it?? I'm not going to argue Mr. Reds point because he seems to know more than i do about welding and cutting as far as real life experience goes. Ican do both but nowhere near on a proffesional level. That being said, how important is acetylene welding? I run a fill plant and welding supply store and really don't know that many people who weld with acetylene. Most of my customers use stick, MIG, or TIG setups so this is an area I'm unfamiliar with. To be honest, yes i am working on becoming a distributor for this gas. That's not my intentions for posting as I've stated numerous times. I do want to learn about the product I plan to sell so it's nice getting more opinions and what features would be good points and what features would be drawbacks. And thanks to the guy who posted the link. I got deleted for that (not to argue i know there are rules) so maybe more will read on it and give me some feedback. By the way I got a call from Carbide Industries today. Ican have up to 4 tons the end of next week..........at DOUBLE THE PRICE I WAS PAYING!!!!!! That means I would have to jack my distributors up another $10 a hundred cf. And I still only break even. That trickles down to almost double the price for the end user and my direct sale/walk in customers!!!! They say that will continue for at least a year until they get their plant rebuilt. They are having to rely on overseas sources as well. But i made great progress in securing a decent load for myself and a few more producers like me in Illinois and other areas so maybe in a month I can give Airgas and Western a run for the money!!