Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Shortage of Acetylene!
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 05:19 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&MCylinderGases
lol......
i'm starting to win you over Red!! Don't resist....lmao......

Don't bet on it I still see some red flags here, like the line about the guy spending thirty years developing a way to make this gas? Sounds like a good sales pitch and a noble effort but really? Maybe so but it still smacks of the "Miraculous energy discovery" quac..., err inventors, how come it's always thirty years? Then I still have a problem with the site calling the gas a "cutting and WELDING fuel" but with zero findable info on welding and little to no more mention of such an industry shaking accomplishment. Why on Earth would they only make passing reference to accomplishing what has not been done in over 100 years-developing an alternative gas that can weld and is supposedly hotter than Acetylene? If that were true then they should be on the cover of every welding magazine in the world and would have industry beating a path to their door but they just causally mention these things such as welding?

The clean cutting pics also mean little since technique has as much to do with it as the fuel, I had a 19 year old guy that worked for me that was a true artist! This guy attended, hunted down by the vendors actually, all the machinery and equipment shows doing demos and cutting people's names and other art in metal plate. You had to see it to believe it, it looked like CNC cutting and I would challenge anyone to find slag on the cut surface!