Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Engine (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/engine/)
-   -   Shorty Headers - El Camino (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/shorty-headers-el-camino-5342.html)

BigBlockBabe 12-25-2002 05:05 PM

Shorty Headers - El Camino

Anyone know where I can get some shorty headers for a '76 El Camino??

Dad built a new 350 for it, and was looking around for some headers.

While I'm at it, how about some good El Camino catalogs? My mom LOVES this car and its really gone down hill lately. It needs some interior goodies and some chrome trim pieces that are missing.

Thanks bunches!!! :D

442 chevy power 12-25-2002 05:46 PM

check with year one, they have helped me before.
alot of good catalogs

Nacho Brambila 01-16-2003 12:01 PM

[quote]Originally posted by BigBlockBabe:
<strong>Anyone know where I can get some shorty headers for a '76 El Camino??

Dad built a new 350 for it, and was looking around for some headers.

While I'm at it, how about some good El Camino catalogs? My mom LOVES this car and its really gone down hill lately. It needs some interior goodies and some chrome trim pieces that are missing.

Thanks bunches!!! :D </strong><hr></blockquote>

BruceZ28 01-16-2003 12:47 PM

Hi B3,P.A.W. has block huggers for87.95 and Hedman has them for 109.95-169.95.Check them out at www.pawengineparts.com.Should I be getting paid by P.A.W. for this? :)

nitro junkie 01-16-2003 12:58 PM

there is a company called american parts depot
that is in my town,its not a small company its huge any way thay specialize in restoring setan cars mustangs,camaros,etc...etc... Im not shure if thay cover El Caminos but its worth checkin out
thay are on the web,if you cant find them let me know and Ill find the link for you
thay have every thing if you had an El Camino fram
and just a frame you could build one top to bottom
through this company

MI2600 01-16-2003 02:11 PM

Hedman makes a set of headers that are called shorties but extend down much farther than the "hugger" types I see. I believe they are Hedman Part # 86800. I think Jeg's sells them for about $110.

BigBlockBabe 01-16-2003 02:59 PM

Haha, I saw this topic and was like hey! Same thing I wanted...then I was like, oh, its just my topic. :(

I got catalogs on the way from The El Camino Store and NPD (National Parts Depot). I asked around and found out that anything that fits a Chevelle will fit the same year Elky.

Thanks for the help guys! :D

willys36@aol.com 01-16-2003 03:57 PM

I'm worried about you BBB. You are too young to be having Senior Moments. Us old timers can enjoy them though. Every day, everything we did yesterday is brand new!!

copper522 01-22-2003 05:07 PM

Try Danchuk Manufacturing Inc that catalog is really good and has some of the cheapest prices around. Also year one is another good one. Another is the orginal parts group.