Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Shorty Powerglide in a flatbottom V-drive boat questions
View Single Post
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 03:38 PM
junior stocker's Avatar
junior stocker junior stocker is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 65
Posts: 914
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts
Here's what you do; sell the trans brake valve body to a drag racer, and modify a "stock" valve body into a manual shift unit. All you need to do, is take a 1/4 inch long section of 1/4 inch copper tubing, and use that to block the 1-2 shift valve open(the copper tube would go in FIRST when assembling the 1-2 shift valve). Don't worry about the modulator, or the throttle pressure/kickdown. A Trans-Go shift kit also has a "coil of wire" it uses to block the 1-2 valve open, a drill bit(s) to enlarge the plate passages, and you'd also get the gaskets and springs needed to do the valve body mods. Butch/junior stocker.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to junior stocker For This Useful Post:
BadBehavior (02-05-2013)