Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Shorty Powerglide in a flatbottom V-drive boat questions
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 09:24 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to post. When I saw all these postings, a smile actually came across my face! The detail and the generosity you guys offered ,not found on the web often. You have saved my bacon on this project. I am not new to V-drives.This is my second V-drive of 2012, A 496 that I built last year, and this one is on a tight budget. I hope I do not sound contradictory, but I have always used PGs with reverse and park! 2 tricks here, use reverse at low speed, or risk swamping. The other trick is using PARK, Place in Neutral, rev the engine lightly, the drive shaft will momentarily halt, HIT PARK. Now you can Idle and not have the prop spinning. Also great for tuning. I run a TCI convertor eliminator, and synthetic fluid, and no cooler, and I do not have to shut off the engine to shift, Its a POWERGLIDE! Im hoping to post a pic the project Im working on.
Thanks again, and can I come back??
Larry BadBehavior
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PicRayson.jpg.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	71002   Click image for larger version

Name:	PwerGlide.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	71003