Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Should I buy an adjustable vacuum advance kit?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 08:45 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Should I buy an adjustable vacuum advance kit?

For my 79 C-10 454? It runs great, has a steady 15" reading on the vacuum gauge indicating the engines tune is good. Is it worth it to spend $35 on the adjustable vacuum advance kit (with weights, springs and bushings). If its not going to give a noticeable gain in mileage and power then I would say probably not.

I am getting a gift card to amazon.com for christmas for $100. I know a few things I need to get so it really comes down to the $35 advance kit, plug wires for my other car (has original 79 ford plug wires on it still!! LOL! but it runs fine too). Or an number of other things. A qjet rebuilding book, 2gb memory for my computer, a fuel pump for connecting my generator to a large external fuel tank, remote oil drains for the generator and power washer, among other things.

As you can tell I have plenty of options.......sooooo......is it really worth getting the adjustable vac advance kit, or should i focus on something else instead...if i'm going to be disappointed in the changes with the vac advance kit then ii'll just get something else. Its awful tempting to buy a skip white distributor that comes with the adjustable vacuum advance kit for $50. I just cant get that with the amazon card, and i'm poor right now. LoL.