Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Should I buy this locked up 60gal. compressor?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 07:50 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdbeard
that is a really cheap pump. 13+ cfm for $99 bucks is nice.

It can be hard to find a pump that size and when you do they usually cost so much it would be better to just buy a compressor than give $150 for a used one then another $175 or so for a new pump, you wouldn't save enough to make it worth while so that's the reason I mentioned the HF pump.The V-type HF pump seems like it is OK but I should not have assumed that just because it may be OK the other one would be also. The pump from Surplus Center I know first hand is a good one and the price is certainly right but it may be a bit of trouble to set up because of the pulley size. They used the large pulley to get enough air flow over the thing for cooling so even if you had a smaller one that would fit it would not work because of the air flow. This however is a minor problem and you would simply need a pulley of the proper size on the motor to reduce the motor RPM to 1000 RPM on the pump then everything would work just fine.