Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Should I cut my Inner door skin off?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 10:52 AM

Last journal entry: Por 15
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Should I cut my Inner door skin off?

I have my passenger side door off the car right now. I cut off the bottom section fo the door to replace the metal b/c it had sever rust damage.

Now, that I have looked at thigns in more depth I can see that the INSIDE of the door skin has tons fo rust and junk built up on it. I'm really weird about seeing that and I have almost cut out all of the rust on the rest of the car, b.c it makes me nervous.

So my question is. Do i dare cut a section of this door out so that I can grind off the rust and gunk THEN coat it with some rust inhibitor?
My concern is: I won't be able to realign thigns when I try and put it all back together.
I have attached this picture of what the door looks like, although you cant see the rust in this picture. Again,t he rust is in the inside. BUT IT HAS NOT eaten throw the exterior side of the door.
[IMG][/IMG]

This next picture is where I was THINKING of making my cut to put the skin and clean up in there. What do you think? Would you make your cuts somewhere else?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	door cut.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	291.0 KB
ID:	45848