Hot Rod Forum banner

Should I fix this Olds?

4K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  Ghetto Jet 
#1 ·
Hey all

This is my wife and daughters daily summer driver.... pretty much a perfect Cape Cod car... not a hot rod but the girls love it...and I have been caught driving it once or twice !!!

My wife was two blocks from the house last week and a CARLOAD of 17 year old girls ran a stop sign and pretty much ruined everyone's day... luckily no one was hurt except the Olds.... door gaurd beam did a good job...

So it has 88,000 original miles, was a Florida car with no rust, and I have over maintained it... pretty much a perfect older fun car for the girls.

The passenger door is toast and the RR quarter and pillar post are sucked in more than a few inches. Quarter might pull out but lots of metalworking needed. Book value on this car is fairly low and is only 4200 even with the low mileage... I'm thinking they will want to total it.

Should I just let it go and buy something else ? Make them give me a contract price and try and fix it ? I have driven it a few hundred miles and mechanically it is fine...

It would be put away for the winter anyhow but wasnt on the project list...

Interior, mechanical are 99% perfect... trying not to whine... it could have been the five year Blazer project....

Mike B

PS I have a passenger door that I bought two years ago that is perfect, thought I might need the window or door handle one day.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.