Hot Rod Forum banner

should i just swap the cab? 76 chevy c10

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Rix-Trix 
#1 ·
i finally started work on my c10 and the cab floor on both sides and the passenger side rocker panel have heavy rust damage. the metal dash panel has been bent and cut to make repair unpractical. repair panels for the floor pan and rocker are easy to find but i can not find the replacement metal dash panel. i was looking forward to learning how to MiG weld and do all the work my self but i should be able to find a descent cab and replace the whole thing a lot easier. the cab has a few rust spots on the driver side around the door frame. should i stick with my cab and do all the work or find a donor cab in good shape? just looking for opinions.

#2 ·
well i think it depends on how fustrated you want to get trying to mangle the dash back together, lol but that would only be the part i would be worried about if you can find another cab for the right price its a no brainer swap cabs. unless your thinking of making your own dash , plain sheet metal with own style guages or somthing. but if you want to stay close to factory see if you can find a different cab for the right price

#4 ·
Find a doner

All the work that you mentioned is fixable but the best way would be a different cab especially if you are not experienced.A 1976 rust free cab should not be hard to find and at a good price ($300 to $600)but even $1000 would be better than fixing the cab yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.