should i just swap the cab? 76 chevy c10 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2009, 06:28 PM

Last journal entry: back for 2014
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

should i just swap the cab? 76 chevy c10

i finally started work on my c10 and the cab floor on both sides and the passenger side rocker panel have heavy rust damage. the metal dash panel has been bent and cut to make repair unpractical. repair panels for the floor pan and rocker are easy to find but i can not find the replacement metal dash panel. i was looking forward to learning how to MiG weld and do all the work my self but i should be able to find a descent cab and replace the whole thing a lot easier. the cab has a few rust spots on the driver side around the door frame. should i stick with my cab and do all the work or find a donor cab in good shape? just looking for opinions.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2009, 10:06 PM

Last photo:

well i think it depends on how fustrated you want to get trying to mangle the dash back together, lol but that would only be the part i would be worried about if you can find another cab for the right price its a no brainer swap cabs. unless your thinking of making your own dash , plain sheet metal with own style guages or somthing. but if you want to stay close to factory see if you can find a different cab for the right price
Old 11-24-2009, 06:50 AM
Colorsanding painter

Last photo:

I sent you a PM regarding the dash.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:44 PM

Last journal entry: Box is back on the truck
Last photo:

Find a doner

All the work that you mentioned is fixable but the best way would be a different cab especially if you are not experienced.A 1976 rust free cab should not be hard to find and at a good price ($300 to $600)but even $1000 would be better than fixing the cab yourself.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.