Hot Rod Forum banner

Should I plan on doing a coat of sealer after body filler and before 2K High build?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ripped 
#1 ·
As a novice at this, I need to get my ducks in a row , so to speak.

I have a coat of epoxy primer on the bare metal. The bondo / fillers will go on top of this after a scuff.

After blocking the layers of fillers, should there be another coat of epoxy primer or sealer coat that goes on before the 2K High build primer?

Or if necessary, should this go on after the high build has been blocked?

What I am worried about is that the fillers underneath will have different absorption properties, or am I worrying for nothing?

#2 ·
You'll mostlikely have some bare metal showing after sanding your filler work, these spots will need to be shot with epoxy or you can shoot a coat over the complete panel-the choice is yours. Yes the filler will absorb faster and more than epoxy but when you're applying a 2K surfacer that's really nothing to worry about if you're planning on letting the primer cure well before sanding. Your first coat of 2k might show where the filler is but usually after applying the second coat this will disapear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.