Hot Rod Forum banner

Should it stay or should it go

723 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Camarofiend73 
#1 ·
Im in the process of getting my 71 camaro down to bare metal. I am wondering about a few things. I noticed that after I took off the old filler from the passenger door that there was some previous damage. I am unsure whether I should change the door skin, the whole door or put new bondo over the door ,sand it then prime it, the lower part of the door is the worst part,the damage runs form one side to the other. There was quite a bit of bondo, (my garage got dusty as hell) whatever happened , the dent was pulled out, Only holes remain there. There isnt new metal there either. What do you recommend? I have the same promblem with the fenders, the right fender has a pinch in ther front near the headlight bezel and some minor dents the driver side fender has some damage on the lower rear part. I noticed some one put a lot of bondo there. I think there is a rot hole , because as a take off bondo there is no metal under it, its a small section. What is the cheapest, way where i dont have to literally spend hours trying to repair it? I dont mind puttin bondo. Thanks for the feedback

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.