Shoulder Improved: Back in the Shop - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 05:19 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Shoulder Improved: Back in the Shop

The shoulder is better than it has been in years and have been back in the shop, starting the second week. I hope to have the top removed from the van and the Rampside this week. I have been stripping more parts from both and making some exploratory cuts to make sure I am doing this right. I spent today cutting out the driver's side cab corner from the wind shield pillar to the top of the lower cab corner. The old repair on the van was a sloppy job and the corner on the Rampside is good. It is out and cleaned up and ready to go on the van. I have cut out the van corner and will clean it up and straighten some of the under structure that was not taken care of during the first repair. The corner should be back good as new by the end of the day tomorrow. Things are getting exciting since I have been working away, pain free for the first time in years!!!

Ordered two pages of parts and pieces from Clark's Corvair Parts. Thought I should do it now before the high cost of gasoline eats too deep into my project money.

Trees

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 05:31 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Glad to here you're feeling better and out in the shop working again. When you get time we need pics of your progress.

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

Gun Control: The theory that a man found in a dark alley in a pool of his own blood, beaten, strangled, and dying is somehow morally superior to a man explaining to police how his attacker got that fatal bullet wound. - Anonymous
Old 05-02-2011, 06:19 PM

Last photo:

When I had a lot of time on my hand, could not do much with my left index finger. Now with both hands working, I don't stay focused long enough to find, photo shop and post pics. I keep hoping Jon will get us set up to have more than one journal, but until then, I'll just have to randomly post pics when I get a motivational shot.

Hope life on the Rim is treating you well.

Trees
Old 05-02-2011, 11:19 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by trees
.....Hope life on the Rim is treating you well.

Trees
Can't complain. Our next door neighbor had an Elk in his back yard last week end so things are looking up. Their natural habitat is finally coming back from the 462,000 acre fire we had back in '02. The return of the Elk is the final sign. When they're around you know things are back to normal. The only problem is it gets dangerous to drive at night with the Elk out. Damn near hit two of them about 10 days ago. Missed a good sized female by about 3 feet at 0500 on the way to Phoenix. They will do a real number on a car, not to mention the occupants. Glad to have them back though.

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just shoot you. - Anonymous
Old 05-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Glad your feeling better Tree's, keep us updated with pics as you have time.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:23 PM

Last photo:

For an old guy, I have been moving right along. The top is off the Van and all the sheet metal has been removed for future projects and the remains cut up to haul to the metal yard. I got side tracked on removing the drivers side, front cab corner that makes up the door opening and the bottom left corner of the wind shield frame. It had been damaged previously and had a bad repair. After removing it, I discovered the inner frame work had been whacked pretty good and ended up cutting most of it out and moving the good stuff from the Rampside. I had to make the bottom lip of the piece that held it to the inner frame and that the lower cab corner bolts to. Every thing is ready to go back together as soon as I do some rust treatment and painting of the joints and back sides. This week, I will be working everything to expose the lower flange area to receive the bed cap. I will have to get the ramp pillars removed from the van before cutting the Rampside top and bed cap off. Hopefully, by the end of the week, the top and bed cap will be sitting on the van. It will probably take another week to get it fitted for the doors, windshield, tail gate and side ramp. I am taking lots of pics and will spend some time getting caught up soon.

Trees

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.