OK, some promised pics of my big home made tool. We started with two rear hubs/cross member from a couple of 80s K cars, some scrap metal, 4 throw away tires, and a spindle and rotor and a steel rim, all free stuff. We cut and welded up the top rail and then added the risers at the corners. We then welded the first cross member to the rear risers. In the front, we welded in a spacer to give the same height to the front as the rear. We welded the spindle to the spacer and then welded the rim to the other cross member, giving us a steerable wagon. Some scrap 1 inch pipe was used to make the tongue for steering. This thing rolls very easy, can turn 360* in the space of itself or the item loaded on it, which ever is the largest. I don't know how many frames and bodies have been completed on this tool. It has been used to transport a 66 Mustang body in the back of a horse trailer. It was used by a local body shop to assist in swapping bodies on a wrecked and a flooded Suburban. They liked it so well, they used it around their shop until we needed it again.
Last edited by trees; 09-15-2009 at 06:30 PM.