Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - show pics of your engines boys!
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgh64pkup
i would put a picture on here but i dont know how
There are 2 different ways to display a picture, depending on where that picture is stored ...

If the picture has already been uploaded from your PC onto any internet site (i.e. your hotrodders. com project journal, or photobucket, or facebook, etc)
it can be "embedded" directly into this message pane using the "Insert Image" tool above (which looks like a mountain on a pale yellow background)

As an example of this ... here is a "before" picture of my old 66 GMC from my project journal. Paste in the URL of the image that you want to display. In this case it is "http://www.hotrodders.com/journal_photos/00027704/11202760760.jpg"

If it's stored on your own PC or a device that attaches to your PC (like a digital camera) then you would use the "As attachment" method, and the picture(s) would be displayed below the message pane.

This is the message composition pane ... where you enter your text.

1.) From here, scroll down to the "Additional Options" pane.
2.) Click on the [Manage Attachments] button.
3.) Browse to where the picture is stored, select it and click on [Open]
You can select up to 5 pictures by using the [Browse] button next to each of them. When you have all of the selections made, click on the [Upload] botton.
(The picture must all be less than 2.0MB in size before they can be succesfuly uploaded. You may have to resize them using something like Microsoft Photo Editor, which is an optionally-installed component of Microsoft Office)

If it is an emedded picture, you can see what it will look like using the [Preview Post] button, but the only way to see ATTACHED picture will be to click on the [Submit Reply] button

I have also included an attached picture of my "Dad's Toy Shop" sign which hangs over the walk-in door of my garage.

HTH,
Don

(my apologies for posting off-topic, but this is a common comment in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0938 (small).JPG
Views:	82
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	35258  

Last edited by 66GMC; 12-29-2008 at 02:07 PM.