Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - show pics of your engines boys!
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
You are kidding me, really? Your wife built the motor? Holy cow, there are a lot of women who will get into it but never heard that one! Right on!

Brian
Years ago she had the cam go flat on her 77 Malibu. She asked me If I was going to build a new engine for it and I told her "it's your car not mine" . She then told me she could build it if I would help her. It was a fun project and I really enjoyed showing her what to do.

Anyway, when I bought the roadster We were out to dinner with friends and I commented that I thought I could make a flathead that would be practical with the new 5 speeds available and a good modern ignition. My buddy said '"that 51 Mercury motor is in the garage. You can have it if you want it. Barb spoke up and said "are you going to let me build it?" So, she built the flathead too. The only thing she didn't do was clean the oil pan and front cover. She remembered doing that on the Malibu and was too smart to get fished in the second time.

I love telling people I did everything but the engine and my wife built it.

John L