Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - show pics of your engines boys!
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:55 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,295 Times in 1,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Oh Heck yeah, after I get it all squared away with the brakes and possible carb change, and that damn leak in the tranny. It's showing a little bit there now after sitting, I need to get it out and drive hoping that will get the seals happy or something. But yeah, that is just how it looked when I thru the hood on after a few years exposed in the garage.

Brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
By the way John, the motor, firewall, frame, suspension all that stuff is painted nice, it is just covered in dust. A quick power wash would make all the difference in the world. But a few things need to be changed like the air cleaner, I think I'm going to put the stock one back on.

Brian

That is what I was hoping you would say. You know, Turbo transmissions are famous for leaking when they sit. The torque converters bleed down which over fills the pan and then they begin to weep out the shift lever seal etc. I wonder if the earlier transmissions may do something similar. Driving the car may be the best thing you can do for it.

John L