Hot Rod Forum banner

show pics of your engines boys!

243K views 565 replies 305 participants last post by  adantessr 
#1 ·
im working on a 1970 355 supercharged 2 600's 4spd 4.11 posi gmc 1/2 ton stepside truck i got over 15k invested so far here's some pictures

Attachments

See less See more
#229 ·
Chevrolet4x4s said:
Are those 500s as scary as it is usualy said they are ....may have a possible lead one one :D
Shane
good torque, but can't rev. if you got the $$$ to throw at it, you can build one hell of a monster that can rev, but that will require deep pockets. if you wanna cut loose a stocker for a tow vehicle, i got a bro in wis that could use one.

#231 ·
Here is my 396 out to I think 414 cid. Steel gm crank and stock rods W/ ARP bolts 2 bolt main studded all balanced to within 1/4 gram. The heads are closed chamber ovals w/ 2.19/1.88 valves. I have looked several different places and the info varies from like 96 cc to 100 cc for the heads but the builder says it should be around 14:1 and I checked with the calculator on here and thats close to what I came up with but he did have to cut some pretty hefty valve releifs so it will be down some from that. The valve train is solid roller comp with 288/296 adv duration W/ .680 lift at the valve. Cloyes hex-adjust timing set and cloyes billet timing cover. Comp magnum steel rockers and comp stud girdle. That is a 1000 cfm AED dp on top of the trusty old victor jr. MSD ignition

Attachments

#244 ·
Double_v23 said:
My 496 BBC.

Big Rectangle Heads
Big DART Intake
Barry grant 850 Speed demon
Ultradyne/ Bullet 285/294 .660/.660 roller cam
roller rockers
Eagle Forged Rotating Assembly

I'd like to "borrow" that for a week! :thumbup:

In a while, Chet.

#248 ·
Double_v23 said:
My 496 BBC.

Big Rectangle Heads
Big DART Intake
Barry grant 850 Speed demon
Ultradyne/ Bullet 285/294 .660/.660 roller cam
roller rockers
Eagle Forged Rotating Assembly
How much power you looking at?
My new mill is pretty much exactly the same, albeit more carb, a few less cubes and a bunch more duration on the cam. Will post pics once it's together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.