Show us your Before and After pictures of your Ride

5K views 47 replies 18 participants last post by  idrivejunk 
#1 ·
Before - November 2006

After - August 2015

See less See more
#4 ·
I forgot, I have other "rides." LOL

My Gran Sport 30 years ago at the Fremont Drag strip.

And now parked in front of the building where it was born in 1965.

My Rambler daily driver doesn't look any different because all I did was rebuild the drive train.

And as it looks now.

Brian

Reactions: Dern F1
#10 ·
My '40 Master Deluxe

First pic “before” is the day I dragged the ’40 pile home early August 1993. The “after” shot is end of July 2014, with my lovely wife at the Northwest Nationals in Yakima, Wash. By the way, the sign posted in the back door window is not a for sale sign.
It’s the Hotrodders Credo:
Remember that a hot rod is not everything in life. It’s just a part of it.
It’s the rolling, roaring, shiny, bold, powerful, exciting, beautiful, throbbing, thrilling, demanding, colorful, gleaming, wrenching, screaming, ***-kicking part.
Do your best to build it accordingly.
Copyright 2014 rcbmc

Attachments

#12 ·
well thats what my journal is all about.

for the 'maro i had anyway.

i had a ton of pics of my truck but only after the frame swap. but it was painted red and everything was shiney and new. now everything looks much older. i did re paint the frame last summer tho.

all my pics i had were on this site. about five or 8 years ago now jon put them in a new server or something and i didn't have them saved anywhere else, so they are all gone. i had great pics of it in olive drab as well. i have one or two of it O.D. in my album or journal somewhere.

i have a pic of my buick somewhere on this site I THINK!! i'd have to look but it's definitely a before pic. except for the dash, i re did the dash it looks pretty new now. but the rest of the car is ratrod all the way. haha, esp since i removed the nozzle from an AC recharge can and sprayed it all over my car!! jeez! what's that crap made out of? i thought it would just evaporate away but it's still all over the place months later! hope it comes off with soap and water.

#13 ·
36 Chevy 5 Window Coupe

Some pictures of my current state of affairs and one of the old girl when I got her. As you know, this is the last year of steel wrapped around wood on the Chevy body's, so its been interesting getting to this stage. Thank God I have access to a full wood shop.

Attachments

#26 ·
How about a 55 Chevy for 600 bucks?

Found a pretty good hardtop parts car.

Used floor, doors, and quarters from the hardtop and the cowl, rear wheel wells, and frame from the convertible.

Had it to rust free, doors and trunk lid hung, and the rolling chassis.

Fellow showed up at my front door with cash. Never saw the car again. :mad:

John
Damn. That sucks.
How long ago?

#38 ·
No, actually I do have it, all that I don't have is the cab, I sold the chopped cab for this better one that I have chopped and sectioned. I was 16 when I chopped the other and it wasn't done very nice.

Brian

Attachments

Reactions: whinny
#40 ·
Oh God yeah I have a vision......now if I can actually see it happen. Here is the build (dream) thread on it. http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/1948-chevy-pickup-motorama-concept-car-233753.html

This cab is chopped too, I had chopped it the same when I first did it 25 years ago at 4" the same a the old cab. But I unchopped it a while go to 3.5 inches. The cab is sectioned 2.5 inches and with the rear window enlarged that is why you may not see that it's chopped, it doesn't jump out at you, which is what I was after! That's why I lengthened the top AND racked the posts, so that it looked "factory" and not chopped.

The original was done funky, I was literally 16 and two months old when I started the chop. The right windshield post leaned more in than the left. :drunk: With the two windshields being different! :pain:

The roof skin was welded with a torch before I knew much of anything and it was WARPED big time with two gallons of bondo on the roof before I touched it with sand paper! I measured it years later at 1.5 inches deep! LOL And I hacked over the firewall flattening it out when I put the mid engine and the floor was cut up for the engine box too of course. So no, good rid-dins to that cab, this one is much nicer. When it gets on the road, it WILL be my old truck believe me. I can't wait to drive it without a windshield around the block a few times like I did when I was a kid.

Brian

Reactions: 123pugsy
#45 · (Edited)
1949 Ford Custom Coupe - 5 years between pictures

My efforts to rebuild with an SBC (Small Block Chevrolet) 383 Cubic Inch Stroker (350 cubic inch block with 400 cubic inch (+0.25" stroke) crankshaft) fitted with a CompCams CL12-211-2 Magnum, 270H: Cam & Lifters, Edelbrock 700 CFM Carburetor, Polished Edelbrock Performer Air-Gap Intake manifold, Chevrolet high performance Vortec heads, GM 700R4 Automatic Transmission with a TransGo kit installed, Jaguar XJS/XJ6 Independent Rear Suspension, Chevrolet Truck S-10 front clip/frame, air conditioning (Old Air Products out of Ft. Worth), 1,600 watt sound system with bluetooth receiver, power steering, tilt steering wheel, power brakes, power windows, Bear Claw retrofitted power door latches, Bear Claw power trunk lid latch, Dakota Digital electronic cruise control, hood mounted GTO/"The Judge" tachometer, single piece door window glass, dual two speed radiator fans, Avital 3305L security system with radar sensor, voice warning, located in Austin, Texas in Steiner Ranch/Lakeway area. All work done personally, including the lacquer paint job, except for neighbor's help positioning engine/transmission install and the interior, which was done by Tico at "Leather Replacement" here in Austin.

My website with hundreds of more pictures, tips and tricks, etc. are at:https://49fordcoupe.smugmug.com/

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.