Show Your Ugly Mug - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 07:58 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Nice and tight

Jester

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
Im so bald on top the moths flutter around my head in the dark LOL Its so shiny when I'm sleeping in the dark my wife punches me and tells me to shut off the damn light! Its so shiny guys at car shows want to know what pollish I used! Get the point!!! If it didn't effect my sleep Id wear my hat to bed!!!!! Ive had a beard since Nam my lower jaw is made from military scrap parts installed at Balboa Navy hospital and my skin pulled over it LOL You may know how good the Military fixed you up 40 years ago!!! The pins in my jaw keep working loose!!! I have to push them back in!

Jester
Is that like being so bald that insects learn to fly by doing touch and goes on your head?

John L

Old 11-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,082 Times in 965 Posts
Quote:
Nice and tight

Jester
No, those are my baggy pants.

Brian
Old 11-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Nice and tight

Jester
I don't think you are being fair Jester. He looks sober to me.......
Old 11-08-2012, 10:34 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Is that like being so bald that insects learn to fly by doing touch and goes on your head?

John L

No! lol thats really funny though!!LOL Its when I take my hat off in the winter and everyone around me goes snow blind and We're indoors!!!

Takes bald guys to think of these and laugh

I kept the last hair from the center of my head, it fell out in the middle of the night screaming and running for my wifes panties looking for shelter! I keep the little bastar* in a cage on the night stand with a jar of briliantine to tease it!!! LOL

Chris
Old 11-08-2012, 11:01 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
I keep the little bastar* in a cage on the night stand with a jar of briliantine to tease it!!! LOL

Chris
Havent heard mention of THAT in a coon's age!
Old 11-08-2012, 11:08 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327 View Post
Havent heard mention of THAT in a coon's age!
keeping your hair in a cage or the hair cream? I dont know if they even make it anymore Cobalt? I sure used it in the 50s & early 60s!

Chris
Old 11-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Artful Dodger

Last journal entry: From behind
Last photo:

My father used Cussons Brilliantine.

I remember one time when I was just a teenager....I thought the stuff was aftershave. I wondered why my face felt funny...
Old 11-08-2012, 11:32 PM
WFO

Last photo:

I never used it but I remember the guys who wore pompadours did. It smelled kinda good I remember.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:27 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

In high school I had a pompadour and a D.A. pointed shoes that looked like needles, Cuban heels and horse shoe cleats blue Jean's & white t shirt was the greaser garb, Junior high it was a new yorker ( a flat top with skirts and a D.A.) blue suede bucks, (jeans and t shirts were banned in school!) it was against the law for a woman to cut men's hair in Detroit back then and parents were burning Elvis records at my Catholic Church ! Gangs in Detroit guarded the streets! The police were corrupt, Everyone carried a blade and the Girls carried straight razors! The gangs had zip guns! And cars were lean and fast! As a senior I was allowed to drive to school I had a 49 ford sedan! With a hillborn injected flat head a reground cam and a 57 chevy rear with 4 11s and ran cut outs! It doesn't sound like it but they were great times !!!! My hang out was a Dog and Suds!

Jester
Old 11-09-2012, 12:39 AM
WFO

Last photo:

You had it made. When I was in HS, hair above the collar and shirts tucked in. No shorts and girls couldn't even wear slacks (talk about shooting squirrels)...

At least I had a good ride- '55 post, 301 w/4.88 then 4.56 gears, welded diff. Three speed floor shift, naturally.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:29 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Cobalt: The schools had strict rules in the 50s here same thing as yours! Girls couldn't wear slacks or shorts, shirts tucked in , no cleats on shoes, And the Catholic schools like mine were run like boot camps! I went to high school in a public school (it even had a pool) and an indoor track!

Around the mid 50s all the schools and all the students went on strike at the same time and broke the dress code!! It was unbelievable how they organized it with only word of mouth from school to school! We were outside the schools and parents and teachers were going nuts! But the students won out and the dress code was relaxed! And the schools and the students would meet and discuss problems after that! I heard back then it was happening around the country too!! It was cool as a large body we had a voice!!!!

My 49 ford had those light up plug boots on it,clear red fuel line with a tri power (till I went to the Hillborn), a mallory rev pole, and clear red plug wires all from J.C. and Honest Charlie I was Right in the times

And they were great times! Its funny though I cant remember any times we wern't at war or a police action with some one! Maybe one day we can say " we're at peace" And let others settle their own squabbles!!

Jester
Old 11-09-2012, 12:11 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Quote:
In high school I had a pompadour and a D.A. pointed shoes that looked like needles, Cuban heels and horse shoe cleats blue Jean's & white t shirt was the greaser garb, Junior high it was a new yorker ( a flat top with skirts and a D.A.) blue suede bucks, (jeans and t shirts were banned in school!) it was against the law for a woman to cut men's hair in Detroit back then and parents were burning Elvis records at my Catholic Church ! Gangs in Detroit guarded the streets! The police were corrupt, Everyone carried a blade and the Girls carried straight razors! The gangs had zip guns! And cars were lean and fast! As a senior I was allowed to drive to school I had a 49 ford sedan! With a hillborn injected flat head a reground cam and a 57 chevy rear with 4 11s and ran cut outs! It doesn't sound like it but they were great times !!!! My hang out was a Dog and Suds!Jester
Funny how the way you dressed and the way I dressed in HS and JrH was almost identical and yet we are 5 years apart. We didn't have the gangs, altho some of us carried switch blades but only because we thought it was cool. If a confrontatioin occured our blades were never shown - - only the bare knuckles were used. Only a few cats were wealthy enuff to own V8s - - most of us had souped up 6ers with Smitties or Straights. Fiestas/Lancers, blue dots, fuzzy dice and club plaques were very prolific cruising Main Street and the D&M Drive In.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:47 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
Funny how the way you dressed and the way I dressed in HS and JrH was almost identical and yet we are 5 years apart. We didn't have the gangs, altho some of us carried switch blades but only because we thought it was cool. If a confrontatioin occured our blades were never shown - - only the bare knuckles were used. Only a few cats were wealthy enuff to own V8s - - most of us had souped up 6ers with Smitties or Straights. Fiestas/Lancers, blue dots, fuzzy dice and club plaques were very prolific cruising Main Street and the D&M Drive In.
W. R. We carried blades for protection back then and used stilettos because they were quick to use and your right it was bare knuckles back then man to man and no one would get involved but the gang mentality was taking over and it was usually cowards that formed and joined gangs! You had to carry something because it was changing from 1on1 to a gang on 1! I think its the same now only with cowardly murders instead of an "A S S" beating! This M - 13 gang the beginning of that gang were the gorilla fighters we trained and gave green cards to for fighting for us, I hate to say it but our government trained them to murder and then brought them here and they do what they know how to do and are recruiting their own army of children being brought into the gang!!! When will we learn to stop rewarding what ends up being an enemy to decency within our own boarders! We did it with Cuba, Nicaragua, Afghanistan, Vietnam,Etc! And then wonder how the terrorists got here!!! By the way I helped train some of these groups that were brought here as a reward so I know what I'm talking about!!

Fiestas, Lansers, blue dots etc were the in here too When I had Kids it was baby shoes or booty's ( not big butts as referred to as booty now) replaced the dice LOL! We still had hopped up six's cruising the streets especially "Woodward" that would blow the doors off the V8s They were real sleepers! If you looped through the wrong fast food stand your windows would be broke before you made it out car clubs were careful to cruise the right neighborhoods!! At least that has changed for the better I havn't heard anyone say in years to stay away from certain areas when you go to shows! If its still like that it would make a good thread!

I still run my old plaque from the "Piston Pushers" of Detroit

Jester
Old 11-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
W. R.

I still run my old plaque from the "Piston Pushers" of Detroit

Jester
I wonder how many of us could dig up old club plaques we ran 'in the day". It would probably make an interesting thread.

John L

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.