Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Shrunken SBC Exhaust Manifolds
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 10:17 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: 360 mopar
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy_1947 View Post
Yes. I never figured that the manifolds could warp while on the engine. They weren't binding when I took them off. The engine had been seriously abused in the past, so the warped manifolds were just another indication of it. Considered trying bend the right one out to where could get a bolt started, but don't know where to try to correct it in relation to the center ports. Think probably between the center and forward ports, as rear and center flanges bolted up (a little tight, but didn't cross-thread), and with my luck.. . Anyway, a quick trip over to the U-pull auto parts store and warehouse corrected the problem and I found a bunch of other stuff I need. I just thought maybe someone would have a quick and easy (or magic) fix, but there I go trying to think all by myself again. Thank you all for the input, and on we go to the next puzzling development for a highschool dropout trying to reengineer a machine that took hundreds of college trained automotive engineers to design and build. : )
Use studs and washers and bronze or brass or stainless nuts

Jester