When I had My shop in Gaylord Mich. ! I was hired by the prosecutors office time to time to investigate serious accidents at the scene if possible or soon after (The more time that goes by the harder to pinpoint a cause) When serious charges would be brought against drivers!
There was a woman charged with murder for the deaths of 2 old people ( she was drunk, no license, 3rd or 4th offense)! she hit a small chuck hole and steered directly into on coming traffic! I found a broken pitmen arm among many other broken parts! All the breaks were shinny and clean except for the pitmen arm Its sheer point was rusty and dirty through about 80% of the break The other 20 % of the break was shiny! I told the prosecutor the findings and said the steering arm would have broke sending the car careening into traffic weather the driver was drunk or not!
This is what the prosecutor told me!
"don't bring it up at trial, don't mention it unless the defense attorney asks you directly about it, DON'T EVEN MENTION IT WAS BROKEN unless asked directly about the broken part!" I asked what about the truth and justice and he said- " Truth and justice is what the jury decides is truth and justice" That made me mad and he said " we can always find someone else to testify"
I went to the defense attorney and told her exactly what to ask me at the trial , and I was able to get the truth in!The woman was still convicted but for manslaughter not murder!
I feel bad for any innocent person arrested today because of the manipulation of evidence and the testimony that is rehearsed and manipulated before a trial to win at all costs!
When I see an accident on the news and a few weeks later see it hasn't been investigated yet and charges are pending I think of the evidence lost! If I waited a few weeks to investigate that wreck that break would have rusted and being impounded and dropped in a wrecking yard been covered with dirt and not noticed!
I signed the petition after investigating what I could find! And brought my experiences into making up my mind!
When I signed the petition why did it say only 10 more needed the other day/