Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - silver candy
Thread: silver candy
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 06:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67goat
i just painted a 67 camaro hok orion silver base coat, extremely glamorous, i will post some pics very soon, mike
i painted a couple cars in orion silver. an 87 porche 911 and i just finished a 95 civic. the 911 was done in the coarse grain silver. looked great indoors but outside in the sun it was a little too much for that type of car. a little too old school sparkle (bling bling) but the owner liked it. with the civic i went with the fine orion and it came out awesome. definately more slick. for bikes and under candy i always use the coarse stuff.

bee and the other guys are right. there is no silver candy. candy just refers to transparent color rather then opaque. some are in basecoat form, some in urethane and some are just straight dye to mix into what you want. a red candy dye over silver would look like a real deep metallic red. i attached a pic of a harley fender i did a while back. this is silver base and the airbrush is done in white and black. the candy red is put over everything making it all shades of red. you can see its completely transparent. almost like wrapping it with red window tint.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	redskulls3.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	6881