silverado smoked agian - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2009, 08:16 AM
throw me under the bus agian

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

silverado smoked agian

well, it happened agian. i pull up to the stop light and i look over to see some street punk in a souped up scion pull up next to me, reving his engine, looking at me crazy. and while my 2000 bone stock chevy silverado put up a struggle, all i could do was sigh as i see his dumb coffee can tail pipe go whizzing by in front of me. I CANT WAIT TO GET MY 75 ON THE ROAD. i really doubt he would of even tried it with the way my BB sounds just idling. but maybe, these kids sure think them rice burners are the fastest things on the road

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2009, 08:27 AM

All good things come to those who wait. You'll get yours. Remember back in the late 80's and early 90' when the 5.0 Mustang was the big thing. My sister she had 1972 Grand Prix. She was at a stop light some young man pulled up next to her in a 5.0 he wanted to race. So she did, all he saw was tail lights about 10 miles up the road she pulled in for gas and a drink. As she was leaving he pulled in. He said he had never seen a car that fast. He started talking about everything he had done to his car and wanted to know what had been done to hers. My sister just started laughing all she could say was my car is stock.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:14 PM

Last photo:

thats funny! i was pretty young then, and i remember all the talk about them mustangs, ( i didnt know anybetter at the time, so i just beleved it ) only to find out they were what? 302s? something like that?( i had a 302 in my old f 150,good for the truck and sorta decent gas )
Old 12-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

If you got smoked by a ricer something`s wrong. Even if your Silv has a 4.3 they usually handle ricers easy with the right mods like a K&N airfilter, a turbo muffler, and removal of the throttle blade restrictor plate. My 92 has the stock 4.3 and TBI. when I did the rebuild I did alot of mods, raised the compression ratio, tight quench, kept the swirl port heads, edelbrock TBI intake and ported the throttle body and added venom injectors, spiral core plug wires and opened up the exhaust. 5 speed tranny with ram clutch and a 3.42 posi rear. it tachs fast as gangbusters and I can bust ricer tail. Unless your Y2K silv is really high geared ricers should be easy prey.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

But, with all that said....We don't do it on the street, do we guys?....

Budget RVs
Old 12-29-2009, 06:50 PM

Last photo:

ill tell you whats wrong, i live in cali! i cant really do nothing to the truck and have a chance it failing smog. then there goes my hotrod $ wasted on a smog truck instead of my 75. i know there are things like air filters ect that raise these things power, but my eyes are on a new stall converter at the moment .( for 75 )
Old 12-29-2009, 06:54 PM

Last photo:

perhaps it is geared high, it does sure like going into overdrive when it can. i guess this is like my "responsible adult truck " and the "red demon " is for ground and pound
Old 12-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

Ah I can understand what you mean Mike. Sorry I didn`t pay attention you were in Cali. I couldn`t live there (or anywhere they have smog inspections for that matter) We have run into cali vehicles out here and some of the smog stuff on them was outragously over done. Those fine examples were 8 cylinders but ran like only 6 of them were working. As for responsible adult vehicle, I can understand that as well, but any vehicle I own has got to have some pep. Which is usually why I get a older vehicle and the engine needs a rebuild since I can do the build and add in performance pieces. Also all my vehicles must have posi traction, which is why I installed posi units in my cutlass and my truck. I hate peg leg diffs. The 4.3 in my 92 was sure lacking which was why I added the parts I did to it. Now I can take somebody for a ride in it that don`t know it`s a 4.3 and they swear it`s a 350.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:37 PM

Last photo:

its pretty ridiculous no way around that. the people that are "for" smog are people who never lift a hood. literally. but i guess without them, there wouldnt be anybody to pay guys like me to fix there car so it smogs!lol. my freind from NY says they dont smog there either? unbelievable.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62
But, with all that said....We don't do it on the street, do we guys?....
Do what on the streets.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:30 PM
too many toys,not enough money

Last wiki edit: Garage heating Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 13

I'm sure you didn't have it floored, because someone was in front of you, and they had a clear lane in front of them! Right!!
Old 12-31-2009, 11:32 PM

Last photo:

I know we all like hot rods and fast cars but I will back up what Poncho said....no street racing. Don't have to give the obvious reasons......
Old 01-01-2010, 07:05 AM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond mike
well, it happened agian. i pull up to the stop light and i look over to see some street punk in a souped up scion pull up next to me, reving his engine, looking at me crazy. and while my 2000 bone stock chevy silverado put up a struggle, all i could do was sigh as i see his dumb coffee can tail pipe go whizzing by in front of me. I CANT WAIT TO GET MY 75 ON THE ROAD. i really doubt he would of even tried it with the way my BB sounds just idling. but maybe, these kids sure think them rice burners are the fastest things on the road

Apparently faster than a two and a half ton 2000 Silverado
Old 01-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Race The Truck

Last journal entry: Son's Truck
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond mike
ill tell you whats wrong, i live in cali! i cant really do nothing to the truck and have a chance it failing smog. then there goes my hotrod $ wasted on a smog truck instead of my 75. i know there are things like air filters ect that raise these things power, but my eyes are on a new stall converter at the moment .( for 75 )
I know they make smog legal parts, But thats why I left Ca. Can't really do jack.

Craig
Old 01-02-2010, 05:35 PM

Siverado smoked again

Nice story, Ibet the weed eater, i mean rice burner, had a bottle. Chevy Trucks ROCK.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.