Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Suspension - Brakes - Steering (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/suspension-brakes-steering/)
-   -   Simple Line lock question (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/simple-line-lock-question-225697.html)

jmcollins77 11-03-2012 03:03 PM

Simple Line lock question
 
I have a line lock i want to install on a dodge rumble bee. it is an automatic trans with a slightly modded hemi. I want to install for some local burnout contests and whatnot. Tell me if this will work.... if i install the linelock solenoid in the rear brake line and activate it via switch, will it keep fluid from going past the line lock to the rear brakes or do these valves act as a check valve, and still push fluid through and then holds it so they stay locked?

BOBCRMAN@aol.com 11-03-2012 05:08 PM

Line lock solenoid/valve is a simple shut off valve. You press down on pedal then hit switch. Remove foot from pedal and the unit holds the trapped pressure in the line. Usually the front line. If you want to spin the rear tires.

poncho62 11-03-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcollins77 (Post 1606559)
I have a line lock i want to install on a dodge rumble bee. it is an automatic trans with a slightly modded hemi. I want to install for some local burnout contests and whatnot. Tell me if this will work.... if i install the linelock solenoid in the rear brake line and activate it via switch, will it keep fluid from going past the line lock to the rear brakes or do these valves act as a check valve, and still push fluid through and then holds it so they stay locked?

You could do that, but why? You would shut off the rear brake line, but would still have to hold the brake pedal down to lock your front brakes to do your burnout.

jmcollins77 11-03-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poncho62 (Post 1606606)
You could do that, but why? You would shut off the rear brake line, but would still have to hold the brake pedal down to lock your front brakes to do your burnout.

Well, that is where the "whatnot" comes in play, i would also like to be able to play around.... say rolling at about 25-30mph, lock the back brakes out so they dont catch, and start feathering the front along with throttle for a rolling burnout. Again all just for play.

cobalt327 11-04-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcollins77 (Post 1606640)
Well, that is where the "whatnot" comes in play, i would also like to be able to play around.... say rolling at about 25-30mph, lock the back brakes out so they dont catch, and start feathering the front along with throttle for a rolling burnout. Again all just for play.

Go for it- the line lock could care less what you use it for- it'll lock out the rear brakes as easily as it will lock on the fronts- depending on how it's plumbed. Just be sure your insurance premiums are up to date...:mwink:

We've talked about using line locks in unorthodox ways before: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/line...ed-218867.html

jmcollins77 11-04-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobalt327 (Post 1606738)
Go for it- the line lock could care less what you use it for- it'll lock out the rear brakes as easily as it will lock on the fronts- depending on how it's plumbed. Just be sure your insurance premiums are up to date...:mwink:

We've talked about using line locks in unorthodox ways before: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/line...ed-218867.html

Thanks Cobalt, this was the answer i was looking for, that it doesnt matter where i put it, its gonna do the trick.

poncho62 11-04-2012 08:30 AM

Sounds like a...."Hey, hold my beer and watch this" moment coming up......:D

jmcollins77 11-04-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poncho62 (Post 1606828)
Sounds like a...."Hey, hold my beer and watch this" moment coming up......:D

It will be filmed, if anything "Interesting" Happens i will post. Recently found a new "PLAY" place, a huge abandoned parking lot where a warehouse was torn down has been leased by a good friend, and until he starts building back, were gonna have some fun.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.