Old 09-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpm32

Now knowing my machine isn't a walking foot machine, what would this get me if this works and I did this? I would be able to use the rear foot of a two piece walking foot set, and maybe the front foot would fit on the needle bar.

Fun stuff.
Of course you can do that, and it's simple but what will that accomplish? On a walking foot machine the front part of the foot set does not go on the needle bar, it goes on a separate bar called the vibrating presser bar. Look at the picture. Your machine does not have the shaft right behind the needle bar like on my machine. You have needle feed, which means the needle moves forward to pull the work through. The foot intended for your machine has a narrow groove for the needle to be able to move forward. The rear foot for the walking foot machine has a wide opening to let the front foot, which has a hole for the needle to go through, and the needle move forward.

You can't make a walking foot machine out of your machine by using feet intended for a walking foot. If the presser bar shaft is in the same location on both machines, you could use the foot intended for your machine on a walking foot machine by turning the presser bar shaft 90 degrees and not using the front vibrating presser bar which would make the walking foot machine needle feed only. It doesn't work the other way around.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0792.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	48256  

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.

Last edited by DanTwoLakes; 09-22-2010 at 11:13 AM.