Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Singer 111w155 problem
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 09:37 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes View Post
I take all my repair work to Cody at Industrial Sewing Systems in Janesville. I didn't know there was anybody in Wausau. Where are they located? If the machine sews fine for a while, almost 100% of the time, there is something that you are doing wrong to cause the problem. When does it normally happen? Where are you located in Wisconsin?
I'm just east of Wausau. Ariel Vacuum and Sewing 624 N 3rd ave, Wausau, WI 715-842-1696 has been there has long has I can remember and I moved to Wausau in 1976. I bought B92 "Sunguard" bonded polyester and B69 bonded nylon thread and needles for my Singer there last spring when I bought my machine. He had a Consew 226r that he doing some repair on the safety clutch. So I know he must know something about these compound walking foot machines. Like I said, I bought my Singer last year (got it for a good price) from a guy in Merrill that told me his Dad got it from the Weinbrenner shoe factory. He didn't have a needle or thread and just plugged it in and ran the machine for me. I bought new thread and needle and began sewing with it. My prior sewing experience is with regular home owner sewing machines. I've had this problem with the machine since I started using it and at first I thought it was me doing something wrong. Now after doing small projects with it for almost a year and still having the problem I'd like to have the machine looked at and tuned up. I'm 99% sure it isn't me. I've read a bunch of posts and played around with it enough that I think it is something with the machine. The machine doesn't do it all the time. I'd say about 50% of the time.