Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Singer 211 issue, bobbin case?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 12:50 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Singer 211 issue, bobbin case?

Hey guys, so the issues never end. I finally got my servo motor installed etc and I'm having issues with my machine. It worked fine for about 30 minutes, then I got some thread caught under the bobbin case and the issues have persisted since then. I had some thread caught under the bobbin case so I took it apart to pull it out, and now I suppose I'm not 100% sure everything is in its proper place. Essentially I'm having issues with the bobbin thread being fed properly. It seems like something is catching.

I took a picture of how I have it installed. Does this look correct? Is that C arm along the bottom supposed to prevent the bobbin case from fully rotating 360 or should I move it back to the right a bit? Basically seems like depending on where i screw it down it either blocks the bobbin case from spinning 360 or it doesn't. Also, I removed the piece of metal under the foot temporarily as that also seems to be causing things to catch. When it is attached I can't get the bobbin thread to be pulled up. When I remove it, the thread comes up and then I'm able to screw it back on.

Any ideas?