Hot Rod Forum banner

Singer 211 W 155

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Coodeville 
#1 ·
How does this machine rate for heavy leather? I tried do9ng some research but came up with nothing

#3 ·
Coodeville said:
How does this machine rate for heavy leather?
What do you mean by heavy leather? If you're talking about things like harness leather it will sew it if you go very very slowly, but you will only be able to use thread up to size 207. The leather pieces in the picture are 1/4" thick, and were sewed on my Singer long arm 144W204 which is a much heavier machine. If you're talking about upholstery grade leather, it will handle it with ease.

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
DanTwoLakes said:
What do you mean by heavy leather? If you're talking about things like harness leather it will sew it if you go very very slowly, but you will only be able to use thread up to size 207. The leather pieces in the picture are 1/4" thick, and were sewed on my Singer long arm 144W204 which is a much heavier machine. If you're talking about upholstery grade leather, it will handle it with ease.
You answered my question - Thanks! Can this machine go in reverse?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.