Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Singer 211G-156
Thread: Singer 211G-156
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 09:38 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Dan, I'm not sure yet what all is missing, but the knee lift for sure. I'd have to go down to see it to know for sure. Just not enough time to go yet, we'll see. Hopefully I can do that soon.

About the Consew you have, the "U" sounds lovely! That would be great. I did see a Consew (I think 226?) that had a jumbo bobbin a couple days ago, it was only $300, and it sold right away. It was in like new condition. There was another that just sold for $400, so that is where I'd be price wise for any machine that I buy. I have time on my side as I already have machines I can get by with til then. I just have to keep looki'n.

Hey, did I read that you had a Singer 211 too? I saw a video of one, they sound smooth. I could see how they would be nice for leather and softer goods. Sometimes I make lighter weight covers too.

This week, I patterned a car cover for a BMW, guy wants it made of Tricot stretchy white see-through nylon. It will be like ladies nighties. He loves his car. Haha! Really, he loves his car! I could use my Kenmore home machine on that cover with a 69 thread. Probably use my Bernina/Juki serger to finish the edges of the seams. Fun fun!