Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - singer 211g bobbin frustration
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 07:47 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazeyone View Post
hi, i wrote a few days back about my singer 211g i picked up on a trade. the needle that was in the machine was broken, went to reputable sew and vac store and he had every needle but not the one i needed. picked one up at a big chain sewing and craft store , but i'm not sure it is correct. it has a flatspot and mine was round. i installed it and needless to say it fit everything was where it was supposed to be according to the manual. my problem is i can't get the bobbin thread to catch and be pulled up through the needle hole. i have the singer manual i downloaded online, put the bobbin in correct way according to manual, slid the thread in the slot and put around back letting it hang out of door loosely and it wont catch. i'm pretty sure it's me not the machine. i purchased the propper needles from ebay, they will be coming in a few days. i'm thinking the needle is part of the problem, and the other part is me not knowing how it goes, as when i got it there was no bobbin in it. the manual was a free download and it is very grainey, so it is hard to tell where it really goes. maybe somebody has one of these singer 211 g 155's and they can send me a real pic or a video from thier phone of how it goes. any help would be appreaciated as i traded a running dirtbike for it and was told this was a good working machine. thanks .
You need a needle system 135 X 17 needle for your machine. The needles with a flat side are for home sewing machines. When you get the right needle, it will have a round end and a groove going down one side. When installed, the groove faces to the left, and the scarf of the needle faces to the right. The scarf is a hollowed out area just above the hole in the needle, and it is where the hook picks up the top thread from the needle. The needle is installed as far up into the opening in the needle bar as it will go. Once you get the right type and length needle you should be fine. Look at this link from Schmetz needles: SCHMETZ Sewing Needle Dictionary

Also look at post #3 in this thread: Singer 211 issue, bobbin case? IT explains how to load the bobbin into the sewing machine.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.

Last edited by DanTwoLakes; 08-24-2012 at 08:02 AM.