Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - singer 241 info.
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 07:44 AM
Steel Dreams

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

singer 241 info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarter
Has anyone out there had any experiance with one of these machines?I have found some info on them, but not sure if it does have a walking foot!There is one for sale locally with table and fairly new motor.Just looking for any advise. Is $375.00 a decent price? I would think so, but not sure if I would use it enough.
jcarter,I asked my wife about this machine,she is the head seamstress for a sail shop and has been sewing all of her life so i figured she would know about sewing machines. She told me to do a Google search for this machine which I did,but not having the machine specifics ,I was not able to find much.
She does not think that machine would have a walking foot,but when it comes to sewing machines that any thing is possible.She says that they have a Singer machine in the shop that has a walking foot on it but can't remember what model it is and that they only only use it for sewing light nylon strap because that it will not sew heavy material.
You need to get more info on the machine, like if it is a industrial machine, double needle e.t.c. .
Also what are you wanting to sew as this will determine the type machine that you need.

Kenny

Lost your job yet?
Keep buying foreign.