Old 09-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Boost Retard

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by automotive breath
This is not meant to start an argument. My positive opinion is based on 6
years experience with this modification, have modified in excess of 100 sets
of heads and used this on my race cars and tow truck for the duration.

4 jaw chuck, what is your opinion based on?
You know, at this point I think I've been tinkering with this for almost as long (but not as extensively, haven't had time since I stopped working at the speed shop) as you have and have come to the conclusions:
- it definitely does something
- Singh's description doesn't seem to work, and I don't really think he has a clue why it works. This leads to some of the doubting by some people. Based on my initial reading and few exchanges with him I was not impressed either (honestly, I think a few of us here in the US that have experimented with it have a better idea at this point of what and why it works, but I'm not sure that anyone has posted an explanation that has covered everything that we've seen)
- the people that seem to have a problem with it are those that aren't going to try it, or if they do only care if it will do something in a range that it doesn' do anything in. I don't think that you're going to see any improvement that 4 jaw will be happy with at >5000rpm.

For me, experimenting with this, I don't find what you've seen with the assorted drag cars that you've posted all that interesting, OTOH, what you got on your suburban (which it seems like you're not all that excited about) is some of the most interesting stuff done with this that I've seen documented in any form on the 'net.