finished it up
got the lower mount done. it was a PITA. I found some hot cracks (+1000*F, appear instantly) in a few spots and some cold cracks showed up (-1000*F, takes a few days). I figured this may happen. on the upper mount I only had cold cracks, on the lower there's some little hot ones. i'm going to grind those out and use the MIG on a lower amperage in order to avoid excess heating. I f'd that one up and I didn't want to leave it out of the post. figured someone could learn from it or some old timer can make fun of me... either way.
other than some cracks, it's lookin good. no road test yet as it started raining LITERALLY as soon as I finished bolting stuff together. i'll post the results I from the road test. hopefully it'll be positive.