Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Single Plane Or Dual Plane intake?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 08:40 PM
Bubbles is the girl next door

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

almost all my v8 rebuilds have been performer types with factory milder cams. i like the smooth performer type powerband that pulls you forward hard. bubbly idle, not thumping my morning coffee.

if you were using a 3000 stall or manual trans, you may like those low rise small runner single plane intakes, compared to a high rise RPM.

in crysler land the single plane street dominator is a superb 440 intake. it is very low rise. it make a nice substitue for a RPM when hood clearnace is an issue.

the 440 performer, if topped on a hot 440, can feel as if the choke is still being applied. especially at its higher suggested rpm ranges 4700-5000+.

the 440 RPM makes the most power on the dyno. for a given builder level of experience.

the SBC there are some stories of bogs and inability to spin the tires when 350v8 was topped off with a RPM intake on near stock builds. the larger volume and runner kill velocity under 1500...thats why.

thats my take

Last edited by spinn; 01-16-2008 at 08:45 PM.