Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - single plane intake vs dual plane
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 09:00 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post single plane intake vs dual plane

Here is my question: I have a 318 that is currently using a dual plane intake that is an edlebrock. I have the opertunity to purchase a wieland single plane intake for 100.00. What should I do. The car is a high rev motor. I mean I have set my shift points around 6500 to 7000 rpm and the motor likes it
Here is the build sheet:
Aluminum edlebrock heads 2.02 int 1.60 eht
Purple shaft cam power is built from 2600-7000rpm
Cam lift .509 292 dur
flattop pistons around 10.25 to 1
2500 stall converter
manual valve body in the trans
Smaller pindulim gear to make different sizing in first and second gear in the trans
3.55 gear
spooled in the rear.
750 holley
hooker headers equal length 1.78 inch
2 flow masters with a h pipe
And a fluid damper
engine should dyno around 400 to 450 hp

I guess the guestion is will this intake make a difference only at the top end or will this help out as far as low end? When I ran the set up on the computer I showed that the single plane would give more hp at a lower rpm but I just wanted to know if any one has had any experience wiht this in there car? The car though need some more ummph it acts a little sluggish from a dead stop then picks up pretty good but it has a hard time launching!!! I mean i can spin the tires in the shift between first and second and then bark them going from second to third. Any IDEAS????? My problem is I am always looking for more!!!! Joel