Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - single stage or used 2 stage?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 09:32 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

single stage or used 2 stage?

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forums here. I've spent a lot of time reading over the last month or so, but this is my first post. I'm in the market for an air compressor and do have a budget for it. I'm looking at a new single stage IR unit that puts out about 11cfm at 90psi. For about the same price, I have the chance to buy a Husky 2 stage unit the 80 gallon one at home depot, that puts out about 15cfm at 90/13cfm at 175. The seller used it to paint one motorcycle and is selling it. I really like the IR name and reputation and the fact that new has a warranty. It's hard to pass up more air for the same price though. What do you all think?

Maybe my intended uses would help. I'm in the middle of a ground up on an old car. I'm at the stage where I need to do body work(never done it before, but want to try my hands at it). So, I'll be using a DA sander, grinders, maybe sandblasting(hopefully not much), and painting.

Thanks - Drew

p.s. I really enjoy reading all the posts here...great info!!