Site upgrade complete - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 11:32 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: $2500.oo Trans AM is home at last
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt1silverhawk View Post
Ok, just figured out the difference between "Contact" and "Friends". Apparently anyone can be added to contacts but for friends, you have to send a request to add them. Hello Hotrodders Facebook . I apparently sent out a few requests while trying to add people to the friends list, so if you got one from me, feel free to add or not add.
I know who my friends are I don't need a list to remember! If Im treated with respect by guys like you, and we joke a little bit I consider you a friend and I don't need you on a list!! This isn't "face book" where friends lists and thank you are status symbols! this site is getting mucked up Were not children!!! I would never put anyone on a "not a friend list" I dont care how heated an argument gets Im still interested in the good things they post even if we did bump heads a little.

Im not going to click on a "thank you" its impersonal and doesn't really mean the same!

I hint a thank you button out of the blue I didnt even read the post and now I see I have one thank you on my list! But Ive been typed thank you quite a bit and thats "0" on my list
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 11:40 AM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

To be fair, the "Thanks" button does serve a good purpose when searching for information. If I am researching something and see a post where a member has been thanked a few times, I am going to assume that the information is good and useful and has actually helped these people out. I would be more comfortable following the advice given in a post that has a few 'thanks" under it.

As to the number of thanks showing up under a person's user name, I can clearly see both sides of the argument on this one, but won't take a side at this point.

And adding friends to a list, ehh... meh...
Old 07-02-2012, 11:45 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
Ok, just figured out the difference between "Contact" and "Friends". Apparently anyone can be added to contacts but for friends, you have to send a request to add them. Hello Hotrodders Facebook . I apparently sent out a few requests while trying to add people to the friends list, so if you got one from me, feel free to add or not add.
I know who my friends are I don't need a list to remember! If Im treated with respect by guys like you, and we joke a little bit I consider you a friend and I don't need you on a list!! This isn't "face book" where friends lists and thank yous are status symbols! this site is getting mucked up Were not children!!! I would never put anyone on a "not a friend list" I don,t care how heated an argument gets I'm still interested in the good things they post even if we did bump heads a little. Every one has bad days or makes mistakes

Im not going to click on a "thank you" its impersonal and doesn't really mean the same!

I hit a thank you button out of the blue I didn't even read the post and now I see I have one thank you on my list! But Ive been typed thank you quite a bit and that's "0" on my list. and when some one says thanks you've been a lot of help I say thank you not your welcome LOL so the thank you count is meaningless! Im guessing they got a bunch of high school geeks to volunteer to upgrade this site they ought to pay Jon to do it! It was great before!!!

I screwed around with the friends list and I felt silly! But my daughter would climb right into this kind of thing!!!@!! LOL

Your friend: Chris, Thank You
The Following User Says Thank You to painted jester For This Useful Post:
cobalt327 (07-02-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 11:50 AM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
You're most welcome, friend! - Moe
Old 07-02-2012, 12:03 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
COBALT: Its too dark!!!!!!!!
Ya think? (See the very last sentence, posted last Friday BTW.) I understand using the white skin doesn't help the post icons.

NOW this IS lol
Old 07-02-2012, 12:13 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327 View Post
Ya think? (See the very last sentence, posted last Friday BTW.) I understand using the white skin doesn't help the post icons.

NOW this IS lol

LOL, Thats funny : Chris
Old 07-02-2012, 12:15 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
You're most welcome, friend! - Moe
Thank you Moe

I like reading all your posts! Chris

Moe the thank yous don't mean a thing about some ones knowledge or ability to help anyone dont go by the thank yous!!!!! Any one doing that would be making a big mistake, because if I like a picture I say "thanks for posting the pics" and that is not pertaining to helping anyone or contain any tech data!!

Moe, the thank you count should be removed it has no meaning!!!!! At all!!!! LOL

Chris

Last edited by painted jester; 07-02-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:18 PM
WFO

Last photo:

When replying to a PM, under Send New PM/Miscellaneous Options it should be set up to choose 'Request a read receipt for this message' ONCE, and have that option stay until removed, instead of having to select it every time a PM is sent.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:28 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
When replying to a PM, under Send New PM/Miscellaneous Options it should be set up to choose 'Request a read receipt for this message' ONCE, and have that option stay until removed, instead of having to select it every time a PM is sent.

Right on!!!!! Cobalt! I'm in the air conditioning in the house today till later this evening my garage is 105 and it was 93 outside at noon! Its hot!!! So everyone in the heat be careful !!!!

Chris

Last edited by painted jester; 07-02-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:46 PM
WFO

Last photo:

Quote:
Right on!!!!! Cobalt! I'm in the air conditioning in the house today till later this evening my garage is 105 and it was 93 outside at noon! Its hot!!! So everyone in the heat be careful !!!!

Chris
Up there that's almost unheard of. Atlanta set an all-time high of 105/106 the other day. Hottest weather I've ever been in, and I lived in FL!
Old 07-02-2012, 01:05 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Under painted jester I have to click my notifications go to my pm page and then click on control panel to go to my subscribed posts is everyone doing that? Why cant it be like it was? It was easy before!!!!

Cobalt its going to be in the 90s all week, and yes its un heard of in this area !!! It wouldn't be to bad if there was a breeze but my flag hasn't moved all day! except for a few heat stroke birds falling into it LOL

Chris

I also have to go all the way to the bottom of the page to go to the top or scroll all the way to the top why cant they put "back to the top" back where it was before! And in the last hour the site is slowing way down here !

Last edited by painted jester; 07-02-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:13 PM
WFO

Last photo:

Quote:
I know who my friends are I don't need a list to remember! If Im treated with respect by guys like you, and we joke a little bit I consider you a friend and I don't need you on a list!! This isn't "face book" where friends lists and thank yous are status symbols! this site is getting mucked up Were not children!!! I would never put anyone on a "not a friend list" I don,t care how heated an argument gets I'm still interested in the good things they post even if we did bump heads a little. Every one has bad days or makes mistakes

I hit a thank you button out of the blue I didn't even read the post and now I see I have one thank you on my list! But Ive been typed thank you quite a bit and that's "0" on my list. and when some one says thanks you've been a lot of help I say thank you not your welcome LOL so the thank you count is meaningless! Im guessing they got a bunch of high school geeks to volunteer to upgrade this site they ought to pay Jon to do it! It was great before!!!

I screwed around with the friends list and I felt silly! But my daughter would climb right into this kind of thing!!!@!! LOL

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to painted jester For This Useful Post: cobalt327 (Today)
So THERE!!
Old 07-02-2012, 01:23 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
So THERE!!

Thats funny, thanks!

Your friend chris
Old 07-02-2012, 01:37 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

You know its a funny thing, I sign out with my first name to people on here I feel personal with and respect and sign jester with most new people or during disagreements LOL we've lost a lot of people in the last couple of months so I'm signing off with Chris a lot less lately! I'll start out on a thread as jester and a few posts later begin to feel more personnel and then sign Chris!

I guess thats silly but I feel rude after a while signing Jester LOL !!

That was off subject so forgive me! Now Ill scroll all the way to the bottom so I can go to the top!

Chris
Old 07-02-2012, 05:05 PM
WFO

Last photo:

Quote:
You know its a funny thing, I sign out with my first name to people on here I feel personal with and respect and sign jester with most new people or during disagreements LOL we've lost a lot of people in the last couple of months so I'm signing off with Chris a lot less lately! I'll start out on a thread as jester and a few posts later begin to feel more personnel and then sign Chris!

I guess thats silly but I feel rude after a while signing Jester LOL !!

That was off subject so forgive me! Now Ill scroll all the way to the bottom so I can go to the top!

Chris
I see what you're talking about w/no return to the top deal. But I haven't missed it I guess because I end up hitting the Back button of my browser after I'm done w/a thread. If I didn't post, one click gets me back to the current list of threads (I use 'Today's Posts' almost exclusively), or 5 clicks if I posted gets me to the same thing (it used to be 4 clicks, don't know why it now needs the extra one). I don't know if that will help you or not, but thought I'd mention it.

I find myself using "Mark" on PMs a lot, but I rarely sign my name to posts unless it's a condolence. No particular reason, makes me wonder why, now! lol

Mark

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.