Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-site-suggestions-help/)
-   -   Site upgrade complete (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/site-upgrade-complete-221093.html)

Helena 06-28-2012 06:18 PM

Site upgrade complete

Hey everyone,

We've completed the site upgrade of Hotrodders to a newer version of vBulletin. Our mods and our techs have been working closely for a few months now to get us to this point, and we hope that we've ironed out most (if not all) of the bugs.

That said, if you find anything that doesn't seem to be working right, we've created a site issues thread for you to post in. The techs that did the upgrade are watching that thread, so please use it to report what you find so they can respond quickly.

Thanks for being patient with us today with the downtime, and we hope you enjoy the updated forum.

Your HotRodders Staff :)

Known issues thread:
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/site...es-221092.html

LATECH 06-28-2012 06:28 PM

10-4. Hi Helena. Smilies arent working yet. My avatar is also MIA. Also site seems to be slow.

Helena 06-28-2012 06:47 PM

Smilies should be there. You need to make sure you're using the advanced editor. Your avatar is also visible to me. We are monitoring the speed and performance of the site and will optimise as necessary.

LATECH 06-28-2012 06:51 PM

Well, now everything seems to be OK.:D
Yep. Looks good Helena. I like the new look, and the "thanks" button. Cool :thumbup:

123pugsy 06-28-2012 07:03 PM

ITS A L O T S LL L L O O O O O W W W W W W W W W

Feels like I am on dial up.

I can't see Latech's avatar either.

BTW, you've told us to post any issues on the other thread to this thread and vica versa.

Edit: Latech's avatar has reappeared.

lt1silverhawk 06-28-2012 07:04 PM

Hi,

I see that the old "Buddy" list has become the "Contacts and Friends" list. A little more info on the difference between "Contact" and "Friends" please. :D

123pugsy 06-28-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lt1silverhawk (Post 1569274)
Hi,

I see that the old "Buddy" list has become the "Contacts and Friends" list. A little more info on the difference between "Contact" and "Friends" please. :D

They know guys like me don't have buddies or friends so at least I can have "contacts".

123pugsy 06-28-2012 07:10 PM

The "Back to the Top" is gone. This was a nice feature.

Helena 06-28-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123pugsy (Post 1569273)
ITS A L O T S LL L L O O O O O W W W W W W W W W

Feels like I am on dial up.

I can't see Latech's avatar either.

BTW, you've told us to post any issues on the other thread to this thread and vica versa.

Edit: Latech's avatar has reappeared.

The known issues thread we link to from here is just read only:
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/site...es-221092.html

You can use Known Issues to see what fixes we are already working on, and what has already been fixed.

This is the thread to post your bugs, issues and feedback.

We will work on improving site performance. We are aware there is some sluggishness at the moment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123pugsy (Post 1569276)
The "Back to the Top" is gone. This was a nice feature.

Thanks for reporting. It has been added to known issues. It will be returning soon.

lt1silverhawk 06-28-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123pugsy (Post 1569275)
They know guys like me don't have buddies or friends so at least I can have "contacts".

Well, if you started cracking more jokes on this forum, that may change :mwink: J/k, you've been on my buddy list for a while now.

123pugsy 06-28-2012 07:36 PM

Hey Hawk, you're so sweet. Hey, where's the blush smiley?

Anyways I just breezed thru 3 pics that were added as an attachment and the new feature allows scrolling without opening a new window for each pic.:thumbup:

painted jester 06-28-2012 08:35 PM

At the bottom of the page there is no "BACK TO THE TOP" to click on? Its so slow here its timing out and I have to try and post 2 or 3 times! There's no place in my profile to go to my "journal" any more only an "album" that nothing is in :D LOL!

Why worry about how many times someones been thanked or how many times we say thanks that's silly to me and trivial! How about getting last picture posted working its time saving , very helpful, and enjoyable!

Chris: Thank you!!!!!:D

I see where the journal is now! so disregard that! Thank you!

LATECH 06-28-2012 08:48 PM

Everyone , please read my post in the "Todays post " thread in the mod section. I feel it is important. What say youse guys?

Henry Highrise 06-28-2012 09:25 PM

Site is so Slow now that it is useless......dial up would be 10 times faster than it is now.

painted jester 06-28-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LATECH (Post 1569300)
Everyone , please read my post in the "Todays post " thread in the mod section. I feel it is important. What say youse guys?

I went to todays posts and looked for mod and cant find it?:confused:

Chris

I just went to your profile and looked at all your latest posts and still couldn't find it ? Whats its title Ill do a search!