Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Six Shooter disapointment Hope the Barry Grant guy is watching
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Technical Support Barry Grant

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn
a vacuum advance adds to the inital mechanical idle time. so the total is higher than 12...

the idle easy was included months after i bought mine. you knew there were problems. i called you guys back then. the sd carb was another rushed example. then you relase 2.0, idle eazy.

looked nice.
Not sure where you are getting your facts from but your assumptions are totally wrong. The Speed Demon was not a "rushed" example as you would like to claim and had been out several years prior to the idle-eze. Up to the point that we came up with the idle-eze it was a commonly accepted practice to drill holes in the butterflies if you could not get them set with less then .020 transfer slot showing. It still is on Holleys. Barry came up with the idle-eze to make it easier for the mild performance kind of guy to tune his carburetor without having to drill holes and it was a running product improvement that was offered. The Mighty Demon also incorporates the same feature. At the same time both Race Demons and King Demons received the large diameter alcohol jets in their baseplates so guys would not have to drill the butterflies on them as well. Once again not "rushed" but rather taking things one step further to improve on a product and give the customer more for their money.