Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Six Shooter disapointment Hope the Barry Grant guy is watching
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Technical Support Barry Grant

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHD
BG tech

"The pumps carry a lifetime labor warranty and all the customer pays for is parts costs plus the return shipping. We have an obligation to ensure that the pump is up to the original flow standards so guys do not go out and hurt an engine"

Example of last 2 we had serviced one by BG on on our bench

here are the breakdowns

Sent to Bg for "free larbor lifetime service"
parts 58.60 inbound shipping 10.00 return shipping 16.80 turnaround 2 weeks

Total cost 85.40 without pump 3 weeks ONE PUMP SERVICE

Seal and oring on our bench
parts 8.00 (same manufacturers oring and seal) time 28 mins in and out of car

Both pumps serviced by us, for last 3 years, total cost of servicing less than

70.00 including replacing BG "one way" screws with tamper proof torque ss fastners... That is 70.00 for 6 PUMP services......

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out where the "Bg free lifetime labor" is paid...............YOUR SMALL PARTS MARGINS ARE OUTRAGEOUS...

We replaced your BG400s with WELDONS, with our savings, and will never come back....after being a customer since the middle 80s
So you posted a question just so you could turn around and slam us...nice. We are here though to help those that actually need assistance and that is why we post and answer questions.

You would be incorrect that your 8.00 seal is the one we are using now as for quite a number of months we have been using an improved walrus seal. If you were charged 58.60 for parts then your pump needed and received more than just a seal which is what I eluded to above in my answer to you.

Here's a little math for you.... if a BG400 needs to be completely rebuilt and requires a motor it only costs 179.00 + shipping to do so while the cost for a replacement is 414.00 . Still looks fair to me .

As I mentioned in my original post you already knew the answer when you asked the question but by your response to my answer I think it will be clear to the others as well. Like I said, we are here to help those who have legitimate issues and will continue to do such as we have in the past.

Just as a reference though for those who may need a pump or regulator repaired ,we are trying to turn these around in 7 business days from the time they hit our receiving department. As of September 1st any pump that is here longer then that will be repaired at no charge.